• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TIPPMANN C3

#1 User is offline   spyderRocks 

• Sergeant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:14 PM

the new tippmann c3 has came out and it runs on propane, it says that it gets 50,000
shots per fill but what if someone need propane? even you know that years worth of firing.

http://www.tippmann.com/product_guide/mark...px?categoryid=4

http://www.tippmann.com/c3_video_page/c3_c...umer_start.html

#2 User is offline   armorsquad 

• Sergeant
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:23 AM

The links worked for me. Very interesting. I heard that this was coming out. I wonder did they make it a pump because propane does not have a quick enough recharge rate or something. The logic is a little strange to me. Make a pump that can shoot 50,000 rounds. I would think that a marker that could shoot 50,000 rounds you would want full auto or at least semi-auto. Pump players generally are conservative on rounds. Not sure what the need is for a pumper to be able to shoot 50,000 rounds

The technology is interesting but I don’t get the purpose of it being a pump. Maybe Tippmann just wanted to have a pump available again.

#3 User is offline   PROSHOP ED 

• Vice-President
  • PipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:20 AM

I think the targeted audiences for the C-3 are the type of players that maybe own cottages up-north or travel to areas far from co-2 or nitrogen fill stations. Propane on the other hand is easily obtainable just about anywhere making it a convenient choice of propellant. I think that the extreme number of shots it gets might be a bonus that comes along with the use of propane and its characteristics. Also I'm sure Tippmann is going to research the technology further to expand it to semi-auto. Only time will tell. By the way, anyone interested in shooting the C-3 can do so at Hell Survivors.........See me at the pro-shop!

#4 User is offline   FAB454 

• Private
  • PipPip

Posted 23 October 2005 - 10:08 PM

that is sweet! I can just take my camping stove w/me and when im done w/cooking lunch I've got extra propane! :)

armor- from what im being told propane can be "valved"(how small thay could make it I dont know) to handel full auto.
I emagine that Tippmann wants to see how well this goes over b 4 thay just throw all kinds of money into a high end gun.

If the C-3 has good accuracy I just might buy one in the spring. It would be a good gun just to mess around with. Pump: less paint used, Propane: hell, the gun will be being used by my son b 4 I pump 25 cases of paint out the barrel, Tippmann: that thing should last forever.

#5 User is offline   Dawgjaw 

• Lieutenant
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:01 PM

The marker looks gay as hell :) The technology is interesting but it wont take off with out a semi-auto marker to back it up................... man do I hate the look of that marker :)

#6 User is offline   FAB454 

• Private
  • PipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:01 PM

thats part of the C-3 strategy.... the other guy is rofl so bad that you can get a cuple of shots off.

D- only time will tell. Look at it this way, it cant get much worse. right?

#7 User is offline   Dawgjaw 

• Lieutenant
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:00 PM

I bet there was a TON of tippmann guys all pisssed seeing that turd :lol: :wub: :) :P :) :D Now we all know why BT is around :) :unsure:

#8 User is offline   FAB454 

• Private
  • PipPip

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:44 PM

FAB454, on Oct 23 2005, 11:08 PM, said:

armor- from what im being told propane can be "valved"(how small thay could make it I dont know) to handel full auto.
I emagine that Tippmann wants to see how well this goes over b 4 thay just throw all kinds of money into a high end gun.

If the C-3 has good accuracy I just might buy one in the spring. It would be a good gun just to mess around with. Pump: less paint used, Propane: hell, the gun will be being used by my son b 4 I pump 25 cases of paint out the barrel, Tippmann: that thing should last forever.

[QUOTE]

1. if the propane wasen't ignited this statement would still stand (sorry thats what I get for talking to a guy that graphs his daily activitys for fun) :D

2. the only reason i would buy this gun is to take it apart and rework it for a potato launcher.

ok here is the deal,

the C-3 actually ignites the propane directilly launching the paint ball.
I would guess thats y it's a pump. and to make a fast gun you would have to have more than one chamber (or cylinder for you "gear heads") for it to fire fast.

#9 User is offline   robotoaster 

• Corporal
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:33 AM

a high end that gets 50,000 shots..... hmmm i smell a sitcom

#10 User is offline   p8intba11fr33k 

• Pea Shooter
  • Pip

Posted 13 November 2005 - 06:52 PM

Put a lighter in front of the barrel :ph34r: :blink: :lol: ooo yeah

i might buy one just for that :lol: :lol: :lol:

#11 Guest_Madrox_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:39 AM

It is just plain retarded like the fudge packing robotoaster. :ph34r:

#12 User is offline   Beaker 

• Major
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:29 AM

The C-3 in my opinion would be extremely accurate, seeing that there is no air applied to the paintball to cause it to lose shape. The entire combustion happens behind the bolt, so that the bolt is forced forward by the opposite end of the piston. However, I wouldn't buy one because of the fact that in the instructions for the C-3 it stated 8 different times that you should not shoot at or near combustible sources because sparks coming from the barrel might ignite them. I'm sorry, but if it's dry in the woods, I see Smokey the bear with paint all over him saying "Only you can prevent forest fires". And semi-auto? Not with this marker! It's a pump for heat reasons. You start balsting off semi auto and this gun's gonna get to hot to handle too fast, and the 12 year old shooting it will drop it in aforementioned pile of leaves and WHOOSH! Here come the fire trucks. Obviously I don't like it. I can see a slew of lawsuits coming from this.

#13 User is offline   Beaker 

• Major
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:30 AM

And I think the fudge packing robotoaster is funny... as long as he's in FRONT of me...

#14 User is offline   robotoaster 

• Corporal
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:39 PM

ha ha, well im not banned like him so i get the last laughf! rofl! but no that would hurt a C-3 with flames coming out of the barrle = pain and hurt

#15 User is offline   navillus2k3 

• Genius
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: moderator

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:01 PM

I would never buy this for two reasons,
1) I dont have money to spend (Im going to europe this summer haf-ta save)
2) Propane+Me= Bad Idea I dont like to admit it, but I'm a semi-pyro, If anyone wants to come out this 4th of july, ill probably have thousands of dollars in illegal fireworks from just south of the border (ohio, its a joke) to shoot off + a huge party.

Yes that was an invitation...

No really, I think the idea is inovative, but not pratical enough.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Created by: planetby